- Joe Lombardi told the Detroit Lions' official site that some of the responsibilities Matthew Stafford had on offense in 2014 weren't even introduced to Drew Brees until his fourth year in the system in New Orleans. In other words, the Lions put a lot on Stafford's plate, which could help explain some of the offense's struggles.
- Stafford was a guest analyst on ESPN on Sunday morning.
Ndamukong Suh made the PFWA All-NFL team.
- Suh, DeAndre Levy and Glover Quin were all featured on the PFWA All-NFC team.
- The Free Press has a breakdown of why Suh's franchise tag number would be $26.9 million.
- Did a play run by the Lions serve as the inspiration for the four-man offensive line formation that the New England Patriots broke out last weekend? It sure sounds like it.
- The Lions' local TV ratings somehow dropped from 2013 to 2014.
- No wonder Peyton Manning looked so washed up on Sunday:
Broncos QB Peyton Manning played Sunday’s Divisional Playoff loss and the past month of the season with a torn right quad, per two sources.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 12, 2015
Lions notes: Matthew Stafford, Ndamukong Suh, more
In today's Lions notes: Matthew Stafford, Ndamukong Suh and much more.
By Sean Yuille