- In response to the whole pass interference no-call controversy in the playoffs, the Detroit Lions have proposed a rule change that would allow penalties to be reviewed.
NFL VP of officiating Dean Blandino said the Lions have submitted a proposal to expand instant replay to include penalties (I.e. PI)— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) January 29, 2015
- Speaking of potential changes...
Dean Blandino said Calvin Johnson Rule, in effect w/ Dez Bryant, will be reviewed this winter. Changes could be recommended to comp comm.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2015
Troy Vincent says competition committee will look at reducing the goal post width (2-ft each side) this offseason. Pro Bowl was a positive— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 29, 2015
Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll blamed a miscommunication on his team's failed negotiations with Golden Tate last year. I'm sure the Lions are quite happy that miscommunication happened, as it helped push Tate to Detroit.
- Former Lion Landon Cohen is now a member of the Seahawks, and his journey to the Super Bowl is pretty remarkable.
- This is a pretty depressing stat:
Cliff Avril has won more games in his 2 seasons with the Seahawks than he did in 5 years with the Lions http://t.co/4402GLBhIq via @freep— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) January 27, 2015
- Ratings for the Pro Bowl continued to decline this year.
- I'm assuming this means that Sheldon White, the Lions' vice president of pro personnel, is staying in Detroit:
Meet the #Eagles Vice President of Player Personnel Ed Marynowitz: http://t.co/X34QVkUGaf pic.twitter.com/W1b05Dl04M— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) January 29, 2015
- I was recently a guest on the Cut to the Chase podcast. You can listen to the interview here.
For your Super Bowl tickets, visit the NFL Ticket Exchange.