- As part of his rehab from the torn ACL he suffered at the start of the 2014 season, Bill Bentley has started running, according to ESPN. Bentley declined to share a timetable on when he will be 100 percent healthy, but given that the injury happened so early in the season, it's not out of the question that he could be on the field for OTAs in May.
- Detroit Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin interviewed with the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday. On Friday, he is set to interview with the Atlanta Falcons, and on Saturday, he is going to interview with the Buffalo Bills. Jason La Canfora reports that the Chicago Bears are also planning to speak with him at some point. (The Bills, by the way, have already interviewed defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz for their head coaching job.)
- During a media session this week, Joique Bell decided to answer every question with the same response: "Detroit vs. everybody."
- ESPN took a look at Bell's journey from Lions training camp security guard to Lions running back.
- The Lions can't be forced to appear on Hard Knocks this year since they made the playoffs.
Lions notes: Bill Bentley, Teryl Austin, more
Lions notes looks at Bill Bentley, Teryl Austin and much more.
By Sean Yuille