- As the NFL stands through six weeks, the Detroit Lions are in place to pick third in the 2016 NFL draft:
Current NFL Draft Order for the 2016 NFL Draft. pic.twitter.com/YOydJ4OAZh— Scott Carasik (@CarasikPFS) October 20, 2015
- If percentages are more of your thing:
According to NumberFire, Lions have 0.48% chance of making the playoffs and 9.38% chance of selecting No. 1 overall in the draft.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) October 20, 2015
- To wrap up Tuesday's transactions, the Lions picked up offensive tackle Michael Ola and added receiver Ryan Spadola to the practice squad. Ola started 12 games with the Chicago Bears last season before being cut this September. The Chargers swept him up, but he didn't play a regular season snap in a San Diego uniform before he was cut on Monday. Perhaps more surprising than Ola's signing was the subsequent release of Taylor Boggs. Although Boggs never cracked the offensive lineup, the general perception was he had value as a depth guy.
- Spadola was last on the Arizona Cardinals, before getting cut as part of their moves to get down to a 53-man roster back in late August. In his young career, he has already spent time on three different practice squads before landing in Detroit. He has yet to record a regular season reception.
- Matthew Stafford donated $1 million to help renovate the Lipke Recreation Center in Detroit. Tuesday, the rec center debuted Stafford Field.: Read more about Stafford's generous contribution here.
- I don't think there's any doubt Calvin Johnson is a future Hall of Famer, but just in case there are doubters out there:
- Justin Rogers of Mlive broke down the Xs and Os of the Lions' brilliant fake punt.