Editor's Note: A new $2,000,000 one-week fantasy football league has opened on FanDuel for Week 7. First place wins $150,000 on Sunday. Join now!
- The Detroit Lions started Friday by announcing they had released Ishmaa'ily Kitchen. Later in the day, they announced his replacement:
- Want another statistic illustrating how bad the Lions' pass defense is? Sorry, that was a rhetorical question, you're getting it anyway:
Based on current depth charts, no team has allowed more TD catches to slot WRs than the Lions (6). The Ravens are second (5).— Michael Fabiano (@Michael_Fabiano) October 23, 2015
- After the Lions learned that Brandon Pettigrew would not be able to play last Sunday, they had to teach Cornelius Lucas how to play tight end in an hour.
- SB Nation's own Matt Ufford had an epic rant on the state of defining an NFL catch:
Here's a brief history of the NFL screwing up catches, and why they need to re-write the rule from scratch. https://t.co/53LQpDBDUY— Matt Ufford (@mattufford) October 23, 2015
- I would have never picked Jim Caldwell as the kind of person to keep his shoe game on point:
Golden Tate said Jim Caldwell comes into the team meeting every Saturday wearing the newest pair of Jordans available. #what?— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) October 24, 2015
- Zach Zenner was back at the Lions facility on Friday and told the media that having a chest tube was the most pain he's ever endured. He also apparently had five fractures in four different ribs. That's a tough guy.