- The Jim Bob Cooter honeymoon is over before it started. The Detroit Lions offense looked as inept as ever, giving up six more sacks and scoring just three points before adding a garbage time touchdown late in the fourth quarter.
- The defense looked equally pathetic, allowing Alex Smith to reach his career high in rushing yards in the first half.
- The Lions pass defense had no answer for Travis Kelce. They simply don't have a player who can cover guys like Kelce right now.
- This pretty much tells the entire story for the Lions defense:
After 8 games, opposing QBs vs. DET on pace to complete 360 of 494 passes (72.9%(!)) for 4,304 yards (8.7 Y/A) with 28 TDs and 8 INTs.— Football Perspective (@fbgchase) November 1, 2015
- Ameer Abdullah had one touch today (not including kickoffs). So much for that hype train.
I'm going to try and end this with some positives:
- Joique Bell returned to form today. He ran with decisiveness and was breaking tackles out there. Overall, 56 yards at 8.0 a carry.
- Ezekiel Ansah had another sack. He now has a sack in all but two games this year.
- Matt Prater is still perfect with his field goals this season. Yeah, that's what this season has come to.