- Here's a look at the Detroit Free Press' front page exactly 50 years ago. The more things change...
"Whats Wrong with the Lions?" Detroit Free Press headline 12/15/1965 #dejavu pic.twitter.com/MJFpktNrQz— Michigan's Past (@MichiganHist) December 15, 2015
- Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com broke down Todd Gurley's three big runs and what went wrong for the Lions on those plays.
- Former Lions linebacker Chris Spielman also broke down three plays of the Lions-Rams game and let the refs have it for the chop block call.
- Calvin Johnson is one of the eight nominees for the Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award. As the name suggests, the award is given to the player who most exemplifies outstanding sportsmanship on the field. The other nominees are: Justin Forsett, Matt Forte, Luke Kuechly, Matt Hasselbeck, Jason McCourty, Joe Staley and Charles Woodson.
Golden Tate had a charity bowling even on Monday night to benefit veterans. He and a few other Lions also helped a fan out with a marriage proposal:
#Lions players helped with a surprise engagement at tonight's @ShowtimeTate foundation event. https://t.co/M5OuCfqIx2— Detroit Lions (@Lions) December 15, 2015
- We mentioned this in his general manager candidacy profile, but Eliot Wolf looks like a longshot to leave Green Bay for any other job:
.@JasonLaCanfora would be stunned if Eliot Wolf would leave GB for Detroit. He's the heir apparent to the GM in GB— Matt Shepard (@ShepMatt) December 15, 2015