- LaAdrian Waddle's unemployment didn't last long. Waddle did not clear waivers, as the New England Patriots claimed him. Waddle joins Michael Williams as players that started the season with the Lions but moved to the Patriots (Joseph Fauria also spent a brief amount of time on their practice squad).
- New England actually added two more players who spent time with the Lions this season:
Patriots sign Ishmaa'ily Kitchen, sign Kevin Snyder to practice squad, cut Trey Williams from practice squad— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) December 16, 2015
- The NFL is making a minor change to the way it is officiating during the playoffs this year. Here's are the changes in the NFL's own words:
For the 2015 Postseason, consultation may occur between the Referee and the VP of Officiating or his designee located in the league’s officiating headquarters in New York regarding the correct application of playing rules. In addition to the VP of Officiating’s current role in Instant Replay, this consultation will only include the appropriate assessment of penalty yardage, the proper administration of the game clock, the correct down, or any other administrative matter not currently reviewable.
This will not include the ability to call or change a foul, or otherwise become involved in on-field judgment calls that are not subject to the current Instant Replay system.
- The Detroit Lions instagram account posted this amazing picture of Ezekiel Ansah. After sharing it on twitter, @wyvoleo quickly made an epic photoshop of the picture:
@PrideOfDetroit @Ziggy_Ansah "Heeeeere's Ziggy!" pic.twitter.com/bQOnp7GdmJ— John Whitaker (@wyvoleo) December 16, 2015
- Darius Slay was the only Lions player to make Pro Football Focus' Pro Bowl team.
- I'm so sorry for this:
Rams DT Aaron Donald, who had career highs in sacks (3) and QB hits (6) vs. Detroit, is named NFC defensive player of the week.— Jim Thomas (@jthom1) December 16, 2015