- For his 5 touchdown, 337 yards performance against the Philadelphia Eagles, Matthew Stafford is a nominee for the Week 12 FedEx Air Player of the Week. Vote for him here.
- Punter Sam Martin was also acknowledged for his performance on Thanksgiving:
Lions punter Sam Martin is NFC Special Teams Player of Week 12. 8-for-8 KO touchbacks; 4 punts, 3 return yards.— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) December 2, 2015
- Stephen Tulloch has been nominated for the Walter Peyton Man of the Year Award. The award goes to an NFL player that exemplifies excellence on and off the field. Tulloch is involved in several charities and community organizations, including the Stephen Tulloch Foundation and Operation 55. This is the fifth time he has been nominated for the award.
- This year, the NFL salary cap was at $143.28 million. Next year, expect another bump up:
#NFL GMs and cap guys have been told by league office to expect the 2016 cap to come in between $147M to $155M.— Jason Cole (@JasonColeBR) December 1, 2015
Lance Moore has been surprisingly reliable in his limited role with the Lions this year:
WRs targeted 35+ times without a drop this year: Mohamed Sanu Lance Moore Danny Amendola Roddy White Michael Floyd— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) December 1, 2015
- The Detroit Lions have the easiest home stretch of any team in the NFC North:
NFC North – Remaining Strength of Schedule DET .418 CHI .455 GB .527 MIN .582— Randall Liu (@RLiuNFL) December 1, 2015