- Though Rashean Mathis was placed on the injured reserve list back in November, his presence around the team has been invaluable. Mathis has apparently been a keen observer in the film room, helping youngsters Quandre Diggs and Nevin Lawson in their development. Here's a snippet from Tim Twentyman's article:
A couple weeks back Mathis spent a ton of time with Lawson in practice and in the film room working on his press technique at the line of scrimmage. In that week's game vs. Green Bay, Lawson was thrown at six times and allowed two receptions for nine yards and defended one pass, per Pro Football Focus statistics.
- LaAdrian Waddle has not become a part of the New England Patriots' plans... yet:
No status change this week for OT LaAdrian Waddle. Inactive today for Patriots. Same last week for Lions before being cut, claimed by Pats.— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) December 20, 2015
- The New Orleans Saints have officially been eliminated from the playoffs, leaving nothing but a battle for draft position at stake for Monday Night Football.
- Jeff Risdon of SideLion Report listed off a set of GM candidates for the Detroit Lions. There are some new names in there worth considering.
- Kellen Moore will get a chance to build off of his rocky performance Saturday night:
- Not sure if Ezekiel Ansah and Jon Gruden are comparing wingspan length or recreating the Titanic scene: