- Golden Tate went on sports radio on Tuesday and expressed his support for head coach Jim Caldwell:
- After news of Chip Kelly's firing broke, Dan Orlovsky went to twitter to express gratitude that he's got a coach like Caldwell in his corner:
Reading how all these players feel about Chip in Philly is why I'm thankful I/we get to play for a coach like Caldwell. #leadership— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) December 30, 2015
- Speaking of Chip Kelly, I asked Lions fans what their thoughts were on bringing Kelly to Detroit. The results were mixed:
HEADLINE: Lions fans split on bringing in Chip Kelly. pic.twitter.com/fxJByi33yK— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) December 30, 2015
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press praised Nevin Lawson for his improvement throughout the season, but highlighted his penalty problem.
- Eric Ebron is going to put his these Christmas cleats up for charity in the near future:
- ESPN ran a long profile of Martha Ford and why she may be just the change the Lions needed. The following snippet is particularly interesting:
The first time Accorsi met with Ford at her home last month to discuss the Lions' GM search, their conversation drifted toward how the club has played indoors dating to its days at the Pontiac Silverdome.
"I told her I think it tends to make teams soft when they don't play in the elements all the time," Accorsi said, "and Mrs. Ford shot back, 'I couldn't agree with you more. I've always thought the same thing.' "