In the NFL world, teams ask that their players remain silent. To stray even a little bit from the very strict "it's-a-tough-loss" "we-need-to-play-better" script, could put the team at risk of the dreaded Distraction. But after a game like Thursday's loss to the Packers, some Lions players couldn't hold it in. They are humans, after all.
- Eric Ebron spoke a thousand words with just one picture:
....... pic.twitter.com/BfLVmwdUcb— Eric Ebron (@Ebron85) December 4, 2015
- Darius Slay was brief with his reaction:
Wow!!!!— Darius slay (@_bigplayslay9) December 4, 2015
- Devin Taylor, who committed* the facemask penalty on the penultimate play of the game, was understandably numb:
Davin Taylor says he's emotionally numb. Said it hasn't hit, yet.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) December 4, 2015
James Ihedigbo made his case by screenshotting the rulebook:
- Darryl Tapp wasn't ready to hear any excuses about the officiating:
Darryl Tapp: Can't leave anything to refs. Shame to us for that. #Lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) December 4, 2015
- Joique Bell went with the ever-popular "Detroit vs. Everybody" mantra:
Never fails Smh!!! D.V.E— Joique Bell (@JoiqueBell) December 4, 2015
TJ Jones chose disbelief as his emotion du jour:
Still cant believe it!!!— TJ Jones (@IamTJ_Jones) December 4, 2015
- Some cruel human being decided it would be a good idea to record super fans Detroit Don and Superfan as the Hail Mary happened. DO NOT WATCH THIS. I REPEAT: DO NOT WATCH THIS.