You really shouldn't keep picking at the scab. Reopening the wound won't do much. It'll just hurt. Why would you do that anyway? Fine. It's your life. If you want to subject yourself again (if you feel it as subjecting yourself, you might just be immune like me at this point) you can scroll through a backlog of notes.
- Okay, you really want to pick at that scab? Fine. Matt Bowen broke down how the Lions botched defending the Hail Mary over on ESPN.com.
- Tim Twentyman did too. Keep picking at it.
- Well this won't make you feel much better about the play at the end of the game, but just know the Lions aren't alone in NFL teams getting caught up and twisted up against a Hail Mary attempt.
- Condolences rolled in Friday from certain SBNation NFL compadres on twitter dot com:
- Although Dean Blandino stood behind the call on the facemask that gave Green Bay one more shot at the end of the game, one other official wasn't convinced.
- Speaking of Blandino, he spoke to the larger issue that's plaguing the NFL this year, which is that the quality of officiating seems in question. Blown calls have been a factor nearly every week this season, and it even got the unflappable Bruce Arians calling it FUBAR. But Blandino went out of his way to defend officials this year and cited low mistake stats. One could argue if you're standing behind the ticky-tack judgement calls, sure. But it's interesting nevertheless.
- If you happen to be big on the Wolverines, it feels like déjà vu all over again.
- Hey listen, I'm just bringing this up because it's neat. It's not here for any reason relating to the Lions. But if you are looking to have a few drinks, Saturday happens to be Repeal Day, the day when Prohibition was struck down in 1933 and we were all free to drown sorrows and joys alike once more. Go celebrate!
We feel your pain @PrideOfDetroit.— Dawgs By Nature (@DawgsByNature) December 4, 2015
@PrideOfDetroit How you feeling, man?— Big Cat Country (@BigCatCountry) December 4, 2015