- Last week, Nick Fairley finally had his DUI charge from 2012 resolved.
Fairly found not guilty on DUI charge, guilty on reckless driving, will pay $500 fine. #fairleytrial— Jacqueline Quynh (@jquynhreports) February 13, 2015
- Teryl Austin was extremely impressed with how Fairley responded after getting injured last season. Instead of sitting back and falling into his "old habits," Fairley kept working hard to stay in shape. In Austin's view, Fairley "turned a corner" in 2014.
- Austin is "planning" on Ndamukong Suh re-signing with the Detroit Lions.
- Suh landed in first in Pro Football Talk's 2015 free-agent rankings. Fairley came in at No. 13.
- This is just a great Twitter exchange:
- It sounds like an announcement involving the Lions and Australian rugby league star Jarryd Hayne might be coming soon.
- FYI: Martin Mayhew is scheduled to meet with the media at the NFL Combine at 1:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday.
- Jim Caldwell, on the other hand, is not scheduled to meet with the media, at least not in a formal setting.
Belichick, Philbin, Tomlin, McCoy, Kelly, Caldwell, Payton are the seven coaches not scheduled to address the media at the combine.— Jeff Howe (@jeffphowe) February 17, 2015
- Free-agent quarterback Josh McCown visited the Buffalo Bills this week, but it was apparently more of an exploratory visit than anything. Adam Schefter reports that McCown is going to visit "a few other teams" before he signs anywhere.
Lions notes looks at Nick Fairley, Ndamukong Suh and much more.