- Matthew Stafford handed out some high praise when he was recently asked about Dominic Raiola, who won't be back with the Detroit Lions next season.
Matthew Stafford, on center Dominic Raiola, whose career as a Lion has ended: "The best teammate I've ever played with, no question."— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) January 27, 2015
- Mike O'Hara wrote a great piece about Stafford's $1 million donation to the Lipke Recreation Center in Detroit.
- Here's an interesting what-if scenario presented by former Lions assistant and current Seattle Seahawks wide receivers coach Kippy Brown: What would the Lions' record have been in 2008 had Jon Kitna not been put on injured reserve? To go a step further, consider this: Would the Lions have even had the No. 1 pick if Kitna finished out the season? In some alternate reality where Kitna didn't go on IR, would the Lions have even had a chance to draft Stafford? Would they have been stuck with Mark Sanchez instead? That one move likely had a big effect on the future of multiple teams.
- Isa Abdul-Quddus made ESPN's list of free-agent sleepers for 2015.
- It sounds like Jim Schwartz is content with simply taking 2015 off from coaching if the right opportunity doesn't come along this year. (Schwartz was not retained by the Buffalo Bills after the team hired Rex Ryan as head coach.)
Lions notes: Matthew Stafford, Dominic Raiola, more
Lions notes looks at Matthew Stafford, Dominic Raiola and much more.
By Sean Yuille