- There has been confusion throughout the offseason over whether George Johnson is a restricted or unrestricted free agent. According to the Free Press, the source of this confusion is the timing of when Johnson was released by the Minnesota Vikings back in 2013. On paper, he came up one game short of accruing a season in 2013, leaving him one season short of being an unrestricted free agent. However, it's possible that he may have received enough paychecks that year to be eligible for an accrued season, which would in fact make him unrestricted this year.
I suppose the simplest way for the Detroit Lions to resolve this is to just re-sign Johnson before it gets to the point where they have to tender him as a restricted free agent.
- The Free Press reports that the Lions "expressed interest in bringing" C.J. Mosley back next season during a meeting with his agents at the NFL Combine.
ESPN's Josina Anderson reports that the Lions' meeting with Nick Fairley's agent at the NFL Combine was "very positive."
- Martin Mayhew recently explained what went into the Lions' decision to prevent the Chicago Bears from interviewing quarterbacks coach Jim Bob Cooter.
- National Football Post has video from Jarryd Hayne's pro day. Hayne is expected to sign with the Lions sometime this week.
Ndamukong Suh was at last Sunday's Michigan/Ohio State basketball game in Ann Arbor. (Suh is cousins with Kam Chatman, who plays for Michigan.)
- Pro Football Focus has posted its depth chart for the Lions.
- If Matt Millen is to be believed, the Lions would have drafted Adrian Peterson if the Oakland Raiders had selected Calvin Johnson instead of JaMarcus Russell.
- Speaking of Peterson, it sure doesn't sound like he's going to ever play for the Vikings again. I'm sure the Lions would love for him to exit the NFC North.
- Former Lions kicker Giorgio Tavecchio signed with the Raiders this week.
- The Cleveland Browns' new logo is really just a new shade of orange.
- Starting next season, pass interference could be a 15-yard penalty instead of a spot foul. Our Jeremy Reisman suggested this very change back in January in order to lessen the officials' impact on the game, and I wholeheartedly agree with the proposal. Hopefully it passes.
Lions notes looks at George Johnson, C.J. Mosley and much more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.