- ESPN's Todd McShay has the Detroit Lions taking Florida State center Cameron Erving in his latest 2015 NFL mock draft. The thinking here is that Travis Swanson would move over to left guard, filling that need with Erving sliding in as the starting center. I'm sure the Lions could also simply put Erving at left guard since he seems to be a pretty versatile player.
- According to NFL Network's Heath Evans, Reggie Bush was asked to take a pay cut before the Lions released him. In other words, Bush could have stuck around on a smaller contract, but he opted to explore the market as a free agent instead.
- Money was certainly a big reason behind the Lions' decision to release Bush, but getting Theo Riddick more playing time certainly had to be a factor.
One reason the #Lions can move on from Reggie Bush: Theo Riddick caught 2.45 Yards Per Route Run last season, best of any NFL RB.— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) February 26, 2015
- Bush wasn't the only veteran NFC North player released this week.
The #Packers released LB AJ Hawk, their former first-round pick. It saves them $3.5M this year, which comes off their cap— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) February 25, 2015
- Keep this name in mind as the Lions look to bolster their defensive tackle depth:
Rams have released DT Kendall Langford. Saves $6 million in salary cap space.— Jim Thomas (@jthom1) February 26, 2015
- The 2015 pro day schedule is out.
Lions notes: Todd McShay goes OL for Detroit in latest mock draft
Lions notes looks at Todd McShay's latest mock draft, an interesting tidbit about the release of Reggie Bush and much more.
By Sean Yuille