- This is good news: Calvin Johnson isn't going to need surgery this offseason despite dealing with a nagging ankle injury throughout the 2014 season. Johnson actually had a pair of surgeries to deal with injuries a year ago, but this offseason he won't be going under the knife.
- Speaking of Johnson, he really doesn't want Ndamukong Suh to leave the Detroit Lions.
Calvin Johnson on recruiting Ndamukong Suh to stay in Detroit: "I'll do whatever I gotta do." #Lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) February 1, 2015
- A whole lot of people watched this year's Super Bowl, especially in the Detroit area.
Motown Super Bowl XLIX ratings: Detroit and Norfolk tied for 4th with 55.0 ratings behind Boston 61.0, New Orleans 55.7 and Phoenix 55.6.— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) February 2, 2015
- George McCaskey, who is the chairman of the Chicago Bears, recently told the Detroit News that the Lions "are a force to be reckoned with." Considering the Lions have beaten the Bears four straight times, I suppose it's no surprise that McCaskey feels that way.
- Apparently the Lions' heartbreak in this year's playoffs was contagious.
Lions notes: No surgery for Calvin Johnson this offseason
Lions notes looks at Calvin Johnson, the ratings for this year's Super Bowl and much more.
By Sean Yuille