- Jim Caldwell received a single vote for the AP's Coach of the Year award. As expected, Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians ran away with the award:
Arians got 39.5 votes. No other coach got more than 3. O’Brien, Garrett, Carroll, Caldwell, Belichick got votes.— gregg rosenthal (@greggrosenthal) February 1, 2015
- On ESPN, Caldwell was voted the NFC North Coach of the Year.
- Rob Sims really wants to re-sign with the Detroit Lions. Just take a look at what he told the Lions' official site: "This is our home. My children were born here. Me and my wife have built our family here and bought businesses here. Detroit is never ever going to leave me. My heart and my charity work will always be here. But yeah, I would love to stay here, love to."
- Rod Woodson thinks big things are in store for Darius Slay.
- ESPN's Mike Sando took a stab at predicting next season's playoffs, and he has the Lions making the NFC field as the No. 5 seed.
- I suppose this is one way to fix a "Super Bowl 2015 Champs" Lions tattoo:
- The Atlanta Falcons are being investigated by the NFL over allegations of fake crowd noise being pumped into the Georgia Dome. I guess it's a good thing the Lions played them in London instead of Atlanta last season.
Lions notes: Jim Caldwell, Rob Sims, more
Lions notes looks at Jim Caldwell, Rob Sims and much more.
By Sean Yuille