- If you're rooting for the Detroit Lions to release Brandon Pettigrew at some point this year, I'm afraid I've got some bad news:
Brandon Pettigrew's $2.8M base salary became fully guaranteed on the 3rd day of the league yr, so expect plenty of him on your TV this fall— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) March 14, 2015
- As noted by the Free Press' Dave Birkett, Golden Tate's base salary for 2015 also became fully guaranteed last week. In addition, Tate, Pettigrew and Eric Ebron recently received money that was deferred from their signing bonuses last offseason.
- It doesn't sound like the Lions are planning to switch their defense to a 3-4 scheme.
New Lions DT Tyrunn Walker said he won't be doing any two-gapping on the Lions' DL. So probably not going to a 34.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) March 16, 2015
- Here's another update on free-agent offensive guard Justin Blalock:
- Nick Fairley tweeted the following message after signing with the St. Louis Rams last week:
First and foremost I would like to thank God and my family their love and support!— Nick Fairley (@Nick_Fairley251) March 14, 2015
2nd I want to thank the city of Detroit! I truly enjoyed the past 4 years and came across some of the best fans ever! I will miss it!— Nick Fairley (@Nick_Fairley251) March 14, 2015
- Speaking of Fairley, to say his contract with the Rams is heavy on incentives would be an understatement:
Looking at Nick Fairley's deal, it's really a 1-yr, $4M deal w/another $500k in per-game playtime incentives. Another $2.5M in NLTBE bonuses— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) March 16, 2015
- Haloti Ngata wrote a goodbye letter to the city of Baltimore after being traded to the Lions.
- MLive's Justin Rogers put together a projection of a possible contract extension between Ngata and the Lions.
- DeMaurice Smith will continue to serve as the NFLPA's Executive Director after being re-elected over the weekend.
- Defensive tackles Vince Wilfork and Randy Starks are off the market after signing with the Houston Texans and Cleveland Browns on Monday.
Lions notes: Brandon Pettigrew, Golden Tate, more
Lions notes looks at Brandon Pettigrew, Golden Tate and much more.
By Sean Yuille