- The Detroit Free Press reports that the Detroit Lions are not going to pursue tampering charges against the Miami Dolphins for their handling of the Ndamukong Suh deal. That's seems a bit odd on the surface, but perhaps they don't need to actively pursue charges with the NFL already likely investigating the deal.
Goodell says the league is looking into "several" teams for anti-tampering window violations. I’ve heard more than 20. No word on penalties— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 25, 2015
- Despite being 89 years old, Martha Ford has been pretty active as owner of the Lions.
- If what New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton said this week is any indication, the Lions got a pretty outstanding player in Tyrunn Walker.
Sean Payton had a lot of great things to say about Tyrunn Walker. Said Lions fans will realize real quick what kind of player they got.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) March 25, 2015
Payton said Walker was the smartest player in his defensive line room.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) March 25, 2015
Sean Payton on Tyrunn Walker: "It seems like small loss (to Saints fans), yet there’s some things he does you can’t put a value on."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) March 25, 2015
- With only six picks in this year's draft, the Lions are toward the bottom of the league in "draft value" for 2015.
- According to Rand Getlin, the Lions are going to hold a private workout with Western Oregon wide receiver Tyrell Williams.
- Former Lions tight end Ifeanyi Momah signed with the Arizona Cardinals following his workout at the Veteran Combine.
- I really don't like the message the NFL is sending with this move:
Rich McKay from the Competition Committee announces rule changes including negating the use of ineligible players as Patriots were using...— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 25, 2015
- Speaking of rule changes:
Among the other changes, teams can now open or close domes at halftime and linebackers can wear numbers in the 40s...— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 25, 2015
- There won't be any changes to extra points until May at the earliest, but it sure sounds like some pretty significant alterations could be coming.
- I have a feeling the whole Minnesota Vikings/Adrian Peterson saga is going to get pretty ugly before it's eventually resolved.
Zimmer on Peterson: "He's under contact and we expect him to honor it."— Kevin Seifert (@SeifertESPN) March 25, 2015
Lions notes: Tampering, rule changes, more
Lions notes looks at possible tampering charges for the Miami Dolphins, some rule changes for the 2015 season and much more.
By Sean Yuille