- It sounds like the Detroit Lions might actually give Golden Tate an opportunity to return punts this year.
Caldwell on Golden Tate returning punts: "I would suspect at some point in time he’s going to play a role for us in that area."— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) March 25, 2015
- Lions defensive line coach Jim Washburn is going to miss some time this offseason because he had knee-replacement surgery, according to the Detroit Free Press.
- The Lions' official site has two new videos featuring Lions assistants breaking down film.
- The Lions aren't the only team with possible interest in Brandon Copeland:
Since lastweekend's veteran combine, 11 teams have contacted LB Brandon Copeland; he's planning to visit 4 before picking one next week.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 27, 2015
- The Lions are going to either host Miami (OH) cornerback Quinten Rollins for a pre-draft visit or privately work him out, according to Rand Getlin.
Kellen Davis and Corey Hilliard got pretty similar contracts from the New York Jets.
Kellen Davis' one-year Jets deal: $950,000, $40,000 bonus, $40,000 first-game roster bonus, $870,000 salary— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) March 26, 2015
Corey Hilliard signed 1 yr/$950,000 deal w/ Jets. Includes $60K signing bonus. Cap charge: $665,000 #nyj— Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) March 26, 2015
- The NFL has finally handed out discipline to the Cleveland Browns and Atlanta Falcons:
#Browns have been fined $250,000 or Text-gate and Ray Farmer has been suspended without pay for first four games of season.— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) March 30, 2015
Falcons fined $350K and lose a 2016 5th round pick for illegal pumping in of noise. Team employee found responsible no longer w /team— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 30, 2015
Rich McKay wasn’t aware of fake crowd noise, NFL determined. But he oversees game-day ops. He’s suspended from comp 4/1. Can reapply on 6/30— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 30, 2015
Lions notes: Golden Tate, Jim Washburn, more
Lions notes looks at Golden Tate, Jim Washburn and much more.
By Sean Yuille