The 2015 POD Community Mock Draft is ready to roll. The general manager assignments have been made, and the picks schedule is set. Below you can find the assignments and schedule, and you can also find a rundown of important rules and guidelines for the mock draft. Please read through them carefully.
- You will receive an email notifying you when you are on the clock. Reply to the email with your pick, along with your write-up (do not attach it in a separate document). The write-up should be 1-2 paragraphs and no more than 200 words, and it should explain the reasoning behind your pick. (Note: This year, write-ups will only be necessary for the first round. In the second round, you will just need to submit a pick.)
- Before sending it, proofread your write-up to make sure it doesn't have any spelling/grammatical errors. No one's perfect, but I don't want to spend a bunch of time correcting mistakes.
- As for when your pick should be made, check out the schedule below to see your deadline. The pick and write-up need to be sent by the date and time in the deadline column. If you miss your deadline, I will be forced to go to an alternate since the next GM won't be able to make his selection until all of the previous picks are in. If one person misses the deadline, it slows down the whole thing.
- On a related note, send in your pick as soon as you decide it. The write-up can wait until the deadline, but the sooner you get your pick in, the sooner I can let the next GM know who is still available.
- Make sure to look at the schedule right now and take note of when each of your picks is due. If there is a conflict or something like that, let me know as soon as possible so we can get it worked out.
- Due to time restraints, there will be no trades.
- Please do not talk about picks that haven't been posted on the site until they are actually made public. That way we can make sure the reveal of each pick is somewhat exciting. Comments about picks that haven't already been posted will be deleted.
- Perhaps the most important rule of all is to DO RESEARCH. I can't stress this one enough. Don't wait until the last minute to get an idea of what your team's needs are. Check out the SB Nation blog for your team, go to draft websites or whatever; just make sure you do research.
- As far as draft strategy goes, it is really up to you. You can go with the player you think should be picked or you can go with the player you think will actually be picked. Please try to keep it realistic, though.
- Finally, have fun with this and please be efficient with your picks. Like I said, once you make your pick, send it to me right away. You can wait to get me the write-up until the deadline if you want, but the earlier the better for your picks.
Below is the order/schedule of picks. If alternates are needed, I will put up a FanPost to find replacements.
|#||Team||General manager||Deadline for pick (Eastern Time)|
|1||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Twon82||Monday, April 6, 12 p.m.|
|2||Tennessee Titans||detroit_fan||Monday, April 6, 5 p.m.|
|3||Jacksonville Jaguars||Big.AL||Monday, April 6, 10 p.m.|
|4||Oakland Raiders||sB_PLaGuES||Tuesday, April 7, 12 p.m.|
|5||Washington Redskins||DrewsLions||Tuesday, April 7, 5 p.m.|
|6||New York Jets||Darius.Slayer23||Tuesday, April 7, 10 p.m.|
|7||Chicago Bears||juhsayngul||Wednesday, April 8, 12 p.m.|
|8||Atlanta Falcons||nrs001||Wednesday, April 8, 5 p.m.|
|9||New York Giants||Jerry Mallory||Wednesday, April 8, 10 p.m.|
|10||St. Louis Rams||Mr. Zebra||Thursday, April 9, 12 p.m.|
|11||Minnesota Vikings||Kudos||Thursday, April 9, 5 p.m.|
|12||Cleveland Browns||Schnard||Thursday, April 9, 10 p.m.|
|13||New Orleans Saints||ALatx||Friday, April 10, 12 p.m.|
|14||Miami Dolphins||megatroniscalvin||Friday, April 10, 5 p.m.|
|15||San Francisco 49ers||Levy's Beard||Friday, April 10, 10 p.m.|
|16||Houston Texans||jwitzsc||Saturday April 11, 12 p.m.|
|17||San Diego Chargers||David Tokarz||Saturday, April 11, 5 p.m.|
|18||Kansas City Chiefs||Heir Apparent||Saturday, April 11, 10 p.m.|
|19||Cleveland Browns (from BUF)||Schnard||Sunday, April 12, 12 p.m.|
|20||Philadelphia Eagles||n4ry4||Sunday, April 12, 5 p.m.|
|21||Cincinnati Bengals||jdpeterson34||Sunday, April 12, 10 p.m.|
|22||Pittsburgh Steelers||ncbur10||Monday, April 13, 12 p.m.|
|23||Detroit Lions||Jeremy Reisman||Monday, April 13, 5 p.m.|
|24||Arizona Cardinals||Edubbnaz||Monday, April 13, 10 p.m.|
|25||Carolina Panthers||go_beluga_whales||Tuesday, April 14, 12 p.m.|
|26||Baltimore Ravens||alex.lanser||Tuesday, April 14, 5 p.m.|
|27||Dallas Cowboys||vieltech||Tuesday, April 14, 10 p.m.|
|28||Denver Broncos||Jack H||Wednesday, April 15, 12 p.m.|
|29||Indianapolis Colts||Jettero2112||Wednesday, April 15, 5 p.m.|
|30||Green Bay Packers||QuitITLions||Wednesday, April 15, 10 p.m.|
|31||New Orleans Saints (from SEA)||ALatx||Thursday, April 16, 12 p.m.|
|32||New England Patriots||tjwGOblue||Thursday, April 16, 5 p.m.|
|#||Team||General manager||Deadline for pick (Eastern Time)|
|33||Tennessee Titans||detroit_fan||Thursday, April 16, 10 p.m.|
|34||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Twon82||Friday, April 17, 12 p.m.|
|35||Oakland Raiders||sB_PLaGuES||Friday, April 17, 5 p.m.|
|36||Jacksonville Jaguars||Big.AL||Friday, April 17, 10 p.m.|
|37||New York Jets||Darius.Slayer23||Saturday, April 18, 12 p.m.|
|38||Washington Redskins||DrewsLions||Saturday, April 18, 5 p.m.|
|39||Chicago Bears||juhsayngul||Saturday, April 18, 10 p.m.|
|40||New York Giants||Jerry Mallory||Sunday, April 19, 12 p.m.|
|41||St. Louis Rams||Mr. Zebra||Sunday, April 19, 5 p.m.|
|42||Atlanta Falcons||nrs001||Sunday, April 19, 10 p.m.|
|43||Cleveland Browns||Schnard||Monday, April 20, 12 p.m.|
|44||New Orleans Saints||ALatx||Monday, April 20, 5 p.m.|
|45||Minnesota Vikings||Kudos||Monday, April 20, 10 p.m.|
|46||San Francisco 49ers||Levy's Beard||Tuesday, April 21, 12 p.m.|
|47||Miami Dolphins||megatroniscalvin||Tuesday, April 21, 5 p.m.|
|48||San Diego Chargers||David Tokarz||Tuesday, April 21, 10 p.m.|
|49||Kansas City Chiefs||Heir Apparent||Wednesday, April 22, 12 p.m.|
|50||Buffalo Bills||CLF||Wednesday, April 22, 5 p.m.|
|51||Houston Texans||jwitzsc||Wednesday, April 22, 10 p.m.|
|52||Philadelphia Eagles||n4ry4||Thursday, April 23, 12 p.m.|
|53||Cincinnati Bengals||jdpeterson34||Thursday, April 23, 5 p.m.|
|54||Detroit Lions||Jeremy Reisman||Thursday, April 23, 10 p.m.|
|55||Arizona Cardinals||Edubbnaz||Friday, April 24, 12 p.m.|
|56||Pittsburgh Steelers||ncbur10||Friday, April 24, 5 p.m.|
|57||Carolina Panthers||go_beluga_whales||Friday, April 24, 10 p.m.|
|58||Baltimore Ravens||alex.lanser||Saturday, April 25, 12 p.m.|
|59||Denver Broncos||Jack H||Saturday, April 25, 5 p.m.|
|60||Dallas Cowboys||vieltech||Saturday, April 25, 10 p.m.|
|61||Indianapolis Colts||Jettero2112||Sunday, April 26, 12 p.m.|
|62||Green Bay Packers||QuitITLions||Sunday, April 26, 5 p.m.|
|63||Seattle Seahawks||seabeeruss||Sunday, April 26, 10 p.m.|
|64||New England Patriots||tjwGOblue||Monday, April 27, 12 p.m.|