- For Mel Kiper's latest 2015 NFL mock draft, he decided to make picks based on what he would do rather than what he thinks teams will do. In this mock, the Detroit Lions ended up with LSU offensive tackle La'el Collins in the first round, Oklahoma defensive tackle Jordan Phillips in the second round and Miami (FL) running back Duke Johnson in the third round. Not bad.
- Former Lions linebacker Chris Spielman is going to announce the team's second-round pick at the 2015 NFL Draft in Chicago.
- Officially, this is how the George Johnson trade went down:
As suspected, per the NFL transaction wire, Tampa officially revoked its offer sheet to George Johnson. He signed w/the Lions & was traded— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) April 15, 2015
- From a numbers standpoint, what should the Lions expect out of Eric Ebron this year? MLive put together an in-depth projection based on what other No. 3 options in the passing game did last season in the NFL.
- The Lions already hosted Indiana running back Tevin Coleman for a pre-draft visit back in March, and they recently met with him at his pro day as well.
- The Lions are scheduled to host USF cornerback/returner Chris Dunkley and Louisville offensive tackle Jamon Brown for pre-draft visits.
- Larry Warford has been focusing quite a bit on the mental side of his game this offseason.
- The Detroit Free Press examined the recent history of the 23rd overall pick.
- Nearly 30 players are scheduled to attend the 2015 NFL Draft in Chicago.
- The Cleveland Browns' new uniforms are... interesting.
- Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was officially reinstated by the NFL last week.
Who is this and what did he do with Louis Delmas? pic.twitter.com/sHp462uCoL— Vincenzo (@FwdDownTheField) April 15, 2015
Lions notes looks at Mel Kiper's three-round mock draft, Chris Spielman and much more.