The Detroit Lions' list of 2015 draft picks underwent some changes this month with the team trading defensive end George Johnson to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Lions acquired a fifth-round pick in the trade and sent a seventh-rounder to Tampa Bay, leaving them with the following picks in the 2015 NFL Draft:
- Round 1 - Pick No. 28 (28) - OG Laken Tomlinson (Duke)
- Round 2 - Pick No. 22 (54) - RB Ameer Abdullah (Nebraska)
- Round 3 - Pick No. 16 (80) - CB Alex Carter (Stanford)
- Round 4 - Pick No. 14 (113) - DT Gabe Wright (Auburn)
- Round 5 - Pick No. 32 (168) - FB Michael Burton (Rutgers)
- Round 6 - Pick No. 24 (200) - CB Quandre Diggs (Texas)
- Round 7 - Pick No. 23 (240) - OT Corey Robinson (South Carolina)
As it stands right now, the Lions own their original picks in the first, second, third, sixth and seventh rounds. Their original fourth- and fifth-round selections were sent to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for defensive tackle Haloti Ngata. Also in that trade, the Lions received a seventh-round pick that was later sent to the Bucs as part of the Johnson deal. That seventh-rounder basically became a fifth-rounder with the Lions sending Johnson to Tampa Bay.
There's a very good chance the above list will undergo even more changes once the 2015 NFL Draft actually begins. For now, though, the Lions own the above six picks going into the draft.