- A random rumor recently popped up about St. Louis Rams defensive tackle Michael Brockers potentially being on the trade block, and the Detroit Lions were listed as a potential destination. That could make a lot of sense for both teams, but it doesn't sound like there is anything to this rumor.
Kevin Demoff on Brockers trade rumors: "Better chance of Wainwright pitching this week than Brockers being traded."— Jim Thomas (@jthom1) April 29, 2015
- Speaking of random rumors, this is a pretty wild one:
Hard to gauge consensus on draft prospects. Know one team has #UGA’s Todd Gurley No. 1 overall on the board. Safe to say, not everyone does— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 29, 2015
Not that he'll be there at 23 but Iowa's Brandon Scherff spent 90 minutes watching film/on the board w/Lions Jeremiah Washburn after proday— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) April 29, 2015
- The Lions have 25 original draft picks still on their roster, which puts them in a tie for 11th in the NFL.
- The Detroit Free Press took a look at Martin Mayhew's history of draft-day trades.
- Over at MLive, meanwhile, Kyle Meinke wrote an in-depth profile of Mayhew.
- Stephen Tulloch threw out the first pitch at a Tigers game last week, and he was joined by DeAndre Levy for the game.
- Former Lions cornerback Jonte Green was waived by the Buffalo Bills earlier this week.
- Why even bother having tampering rules if this is the punishment?
- I'm really, really glad the Lions ended up with Ziggy Ansah and not Dion Jordan in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Dion Jordan, 3rd pick in 2013, is being suspended for 2015 season for another substance abuse policy violation, league sources told ESPN.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 28, 2015
- The Minnesota Vikings continue to maintain that they don't have interest in trading away running back Adrian Peterson. I suppose this will only change if they actually get a worthwhile trade offer at some point in the future.
- Thanks to SB Nation, you can now generate your very own NFL Draft scouting report.
- Finally, well done, Lions fans:
Lions notes looks at some random rumors, the 2015 NFL Draft and much more.