As reported earlier, the Detroit Lions have signed three more undrafted free agents: wide receiver Erik Lora, wide receiver Jarred Haggins and safety Nathan Lindsey. These moves have now been officially announced.
The Lions have also officially announced that wide receiver Desmond Lawrence has been released. Lawrence, an undrafted free agent out of North Carolina A&T, was just signed last week, so the Lions evidently didn't like what they saw from him during their rookie minicamp over the weekend.
With Lawrence out and Lora, Haggins and Lindsey in, the Lions now have 14 players in their 2015 undrafted free agents class:
- QB Anthony Boone (Duke)
- RB Rasheed Williams (Alfred State)
- RB Zach Zenner (South Dakota State)
- WR Vernon Johnson (Texas A&M University-Commerce)
- WR Erik Lora (Eastern Illinois)
- WR Jarred Haggins (Florida State)
- TE Casey Pierce (Kent State)
- OG Al Bond (Memphis)
- OG Torrian Wilson (UCF)
- LB Kevin Snyder (Rutgers)
- S Isaiah Johnson (Georgia Tech)
- S Brian Suite (Utah State)
- S Nathan Lindsey (Fort Hays State)
- K Kyle Brindza (Notre Dame)
This puts the Lions at 87 players overall, leaving them with three open spots on their roster.