TJ Jones spent his entire rookie season on the PUP list last year after being picked by the Detroit Lions in the sixth round. Shoulder surgery led to his extended stay on the PUP list, but it sounds like he's ready to compete for a roster spot this offseason:
Caldwell said WR TJ Jones is clear from his nerve injury that landed him on PUP last year. Back up to good girth, too.— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) May 8, 2015
- Why did Laken Tomlinson end up picking No. 72 for his jersey instead of trying to get No. 77 from Cornelius Lucas? Tomlinson explained his reasoning last week:
Laken Tomlinson said he was wiling to buy Cornelius Lucas dinner for the No. 77, but nothing more than that. Wearing 72 instead— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) May 8, 2015
Laken Tomlinson chose 72 because of his old RT at Duke, Perry Simmons. #Lions— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) May 8, 2015
- Here are the projected 2015 cap numbers for this year's Lions draft picks:
One more for that list: Corey Robinson - $449,477— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) May 8, 2015
- It's unclear if the Lions were one of them, but 26 teams reportedly "expressed interest" in LSU offensive tackle La'el Collins after he went undrafted. Collins ultimately ended up signing with the Dallas Cowboys in a classic "rich get richer" scenario.
- Former Lions offensive tackle Corey Hilliard, who signed with the New York Jets this offseason, surprisingly decided to retire last week.
Bowles says Corey Hilliard decided to retire because of wanting to be with his family, not travel as much, etc. #Jets— Dennis Waszak Jr. (@DWAZ73) May 8, 2015
- The New York Giants released former Lions wide receiver Kevin Ogletree last week.
- This seems excessive, to say the least:
Filed to ESPN: Tom Brady suspended four games, Pats lose 1st round pick in 2016 and a 4th in 2017, and team fined $1 million, per source:— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 11, 2015
If Tom Brady’s suspension holds, he’ll return against the Colts in Week 6 on Oct. 18. I’ll probably watch that game.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) May 11, 2015
Lions notes: TJ Jones, Laken Tomlinson, more
Lions notes looks at TJ Jones, Laken Tomlinson and much more.
By Sean Yuille