- LaAdrian Waddle started running last week as part of his rehab from offseason surgery that repaired a partially torn ACL. It's still unclear what kind of timetable he's looking at when it comes to getting back on the field, but he's certainly got the right mindset about this whole thing (via the Detroit Free Press): "I'm telling you now, I'm doing everything I can to be out there Week 1 and kick some ass."
- Former Detroit Lions fullback Jed Collins was released by the Dallas Cowboys on Monday. Collins signed with the Cowboys earlier in the offseason, and there was some speculation that the Lions could end up getting a compensatory pick out of him ending up in Dallas. That won't be happening now, though.
- The Lions' entire roster now has jersey numbers.
- NFL.com ranked the top 100 rookies based on who will likely make the biggest impact in 2015. For the Lions, Ameer Abdullah came in at No. 38 and Laken Tomlinson came in at No. 70.
- Also at NFL.com is a look at how this year's first-round picks were rated as recruits coming out of high school. (Tomlinson was a three-star recruit.)
- Mel Kiper has already released his way-too-early big board for the 2016 NFL Draft.
- I think it's safe to say the Lions made the right move by not re-signing Gosder Cherilus back in 2013.
Gosder Cherilus' right tackle ranks Money - 1st (highest-paid RT) Blown blocks per snap in 2014 - 38th out of 39 Now that sucks.— Scott Kacsmar (@FO_ScottKacsmar) May 18, 2015
- Can you imagine what Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson are going to get paid when their deals are extended?
Dolphins are giving QB Ryan Tanehill a six-year, $96 million extension that includes $45 million guaranteed, per league source.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 18, 2015
Lions notes: LaAdrian Waddle, Jed Collins, more
Lions notes looks at LaAdrian Waddle, Jed Collins and much more.
By Sean Yuille