The Detroit Lions had four major needs coming into the 2015 NFL Draft: offensive line, running back, cornerback and defensive tackle. Fittingly, those positions turned out to be the Lions' first four picks with them adding a left guard in the first round, a running back in the second, a cornerback in the third and a defensive tackle in the fourth. The Lions then closed out the draft with a fullback, another cornerback and an offensive tackle.
In all, the Lions ended up making seven picks this year. Here's a look at their 2015 NFL Draft class:
- Round 1 - Pick No. 28 (28) - OG Laken Tomlinson (Duke)
- Round 2 - Pick No. 22 (54) - RB Ameer Abdullah (Nebraska)
- Round 3 - Pick No. 16 (80) - CB Alex Carter (Stanford)
- Round 4 - Pick No. 14 (113) - DT Gabe Wright (Auburn)
- Round 5 - Pick No. 32 (168) - FB Michael Burton (Rutgers)
- Round 6 - Pick No. 24 (200) - CB Quandre Diggs (Texas)
- Round 7 - Pick No. 23 (240) - OT Corey Robinson (South Carolina)
Over the next couple of weeks, we'll take a closer look at each pick with scouting reports, so keep an eye out for that series here on Pride Of Detroit.