- The Detroit Lions' entire 2015 draft class has now been assigned numbers. Earlier in the week, five of the Lions' 2015 draft picks were assigned numbers, and third-round pick Alex Carter picked No. 33 shortly after. Then, on Wednesday, first-round pick Laken Tomlinson decided to take the No. 72 jersey. It seemed like he was going to get No. 77, but Cornelius Lucas is evidently sticking with that number.
- Stanford defensive backs coach Duane Akina, who also coached at Texas, spoke to the Detroit Free Press about Carter and sixth-round pick Quandre Diggs.
- In a draft diary for FOX Sports, South Dakota State running back Zach Zenner talked about signing with the Lions as an undrafted free agent.
- Northern Michigan long snapper Trever Kruzel, who will try out with the Lions this weekend at their rookie minicamp, has actually been working as a car salesman in the Upper Peninsula.
- Larry Webster was on the losing end of a Mayweather-Pacquiao bet with Xavier Proctor and got a rather interesting haircut as a result.
- Several post-draft power rankings are now out, and the Lions are ranked as follows: 12th (ESPN), 11th (NFL.com), 11th (CBS Sports) and 10th (FOX Sports).
- SB Nation has a list of 125 players worth keeping an eye on for next year's NFL Draft.
- Quite a few players who didn't even get invited to this year's NFL Combine managed to get drafted anyway.
41 non-NFL Combine players drafted, by round: 4th — 7 5th — 3 6th — 16 7th — 15 Guessing this might be a record? Anyone? #NFLDraft2015— Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) May 6, 2015
Lions notes: Laken Tomlinson picks his number
Detroit Lions notes looks at Laken Tomlinson, Zach Zenner and much more.
By Sean Yuille