- The Detroit Lions' final OTA of the offseason is set for Thursday. The team will then get the rest of the week off before reconvening for their mandatory minicamp from Tuesday to Thursday next week.
- Wednesday's OTA was open to the media, so let's take a look at some tidbits from the practice, starting with some positive Eric Ebron news:
Eric Ebron drop tracker: Zero!— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) June 10, 2015
- Kyle Brindza isn't going to beat out Matt Prater for the Lions' starting kicker job, but this is still good to see:
Kyle Brindza was 8 for 8 on FGs today, two from 33 and six from 38. #lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) June 10, 2015
- According to ESPN, the Lions had Ameer Abdullah, Golden Tate, Lance Moore, TJ Jones and Jeremy Ross returning punts on Wednesday.
- The Lions have given Kellen Moore quite a few backup quarterback reps during OTAs, but Dan Orlovsky was back in that role on Wednesday. I think it's safe to say this competition will continue into the summer as the Lions look to find their backup quarterback for 2015.
- Manny Ramirez got the No. 1 reps at left guard on Wednesday, according to the Detroit Free Press. This meant that Travis Swanson was the first-team center.
- Also according to the Detroit Free Press, Quandre Diggs got the No. 1 reps at nickelback over Josh Wilson.
- Alex Carter may have missed a couple of weeks of practice while finishing classes at Stanford, but the Lions did their best to ensure he didn't fall too far behind.
.@AlexCarter told me the #Lions sent him video of meetings & OTA practices while he was away: http://t.co/TjCzwXiB3V pic.twitter.com/1JjCYFTniB— Tori Petry (@sportstori) June 9, 2015
- Lions season-ticket holders got to attend practice on Tuesday.
Megatron meeting the season ticket members after today's practice. https://t.co/DbI3gtdkPc— Detroit Lions (@Lions) June 9, 2015
Lions notes: OTAs come to a close
Lions notes looks at various tidbits from practice as OTAs come to a close.
By Sean Yuille