- Back in March, free-agent offensive guard Justin Blalock visited the Detroit Lions. For a while, it looked like he might sign with the Lions to fill their "potential starter/veteran depth" role at guard, but he never ended up signing anywhere. Now we know why:
With ex-#Eagles G Evan Mathis now a free agent, worth noting fellow veteran guard Justin Blalock is retiring, I’m told. Started 125 games— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) June 15, 2015
- Former Lions cornerback Chris Houston, who sat out last season with an injury after being released by Detroit, is back in the NFL:
#Panthers announced signing of veteran CB Chris Houston.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) June 15, 2015
- Quarterback Garrett Gilbert officially joined the Lions on Monday after passing his physical. The Lions originally claimed him off waivers last Friday.
- The early returns on new starting center Travis Swanson have been very, very positive.
- The Lions spent Monday getting their headshots.
Megatron taking his video headshot. https://t.co/Dm7UtsHtpX— Detroit Lions (@Lions) June 15, 2015
- Pro Football Focus has a breakdown of how many snaps the Lions lost this offseason.
- The United States' rugby sevens team, which includes former Lion Carlin Isles, is headed to the 2016 Olympics.
- Which rounds in the draft produce the most starting offensive linemen? Gang Green Nation recently tackled this question with an in-depth breakdown.
Lions notes: Justin Blalock, Chris Houston, more
Lions notes looks at Justin Blalock, Chris Houston and much more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.