- The Detroit Lions concluded their three-day mandatory minicamp on Thursday. Like the first two practices this week, Jason Jones was absent on Thursday, and we found out that he was off recovering from a procedure on his knee. Also like the first two practices this week, Joique Bell, LaAdrian Waddle and Cornelius Lucas were in attendance but didn't practice.
- Bell wasn't interested in answering questions about his injury situation.
Joique Bell jumped on podium w/ Calvin Johnson. "Any questions?" You going to practice in training camp? "Calvin is a heck of a receiver."— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) June 18, 2015
Joseph Fauria, Stephen Tulloch, DeAndre Levy and Nevin Lawson took part in individual drills, but they were held out of team drills.
- The Lions continued to rotate players into the first-team offense and first-team defense.
Michael Williams back at first-team right tackle. Josh Wilson at nickel. Manny Ramirez at left guard. (Tomlinson 2nd team RG)— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) June 18, 2015
Darius Slay, who isn't interested in talking about how he bruised his hands earlier this month, recorded an interception during Thursday's practice.
- It may have only been a minicamp, but Ziggy Ansah was apparently practicing quite hard on Thursday.
Ziggy Ansah was getting pretty physical today, especially with Riley Reiff. At one point had to be separated from Larry Warford— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) June 18, 2015
- This is a pretty, well, interesting drill:
Tight ends https://t.co/6mMrDxsnZ4— Detroit Lions (@Lions) June 18, 2015
- The Lions had a special visitor at their practice facility on Thursday:
Eric Ebron's puppy, Amber Rose. pic.twitter.com/pacoBdk4nB— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) June 18, 2015
- For more tidbits from Thursday's practice, check out the Detroit Free Press, MLive and ESPN.
Notes from Day 3 of Lions minicamp
Recapping the third and final day of the Detroit Lions' mandatory minicamp.
By Sean Yuille