- The NFL Rookie Symposium is taking place this week in Ohio. The Detroit Lions' rookies will attend the event from June 24-27, and in the meantime, they're going through a special "rookie training week" in Allen Park.
- The Lions are covering all of their bases with their rookie training week.
- Officially, Bill Bentley was waived by the Lions last week with the "failed physical" designation, indicating that he's not 100 percent healthy after tearing his ACL at the beginning of last season. Also, he officially cleared waivers on Monday, making him a free agent.
- Go read the Detroit Free Press' story about Lions special teams coordinator Joe Marciano and fatherhood right now. Also, make sure to watch this video from the Lions' official site on assistant coaches Jim and Jeremiah Washburn.
- Best wishes to former Lions special teams coordinator and current Central Michigan head coach John Bonamego:
Just told team: Cancer in my left tonsil. Caught early; very treatable. It’s one more opponent. I WILL beat it. Will be on field for Ok St.— John Bonamego (@CMUCoachBono) June 18, 2015
- Finally, some early congratulations are in order for Jim Caldwell:
Jim Caldwell will be a grandfather for the third time at some point this summer. #Lions— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) June 18, 2015
Lions notes: Rookie training week, Bill Bentley, more
Lions notes looks at rookie training week, Bill Bentley and much more.
By Sean Yuille