Calvin Johnson returned to Twitter last week.
- If Johnson ever ends up at a WWE event to watch Roman Reigns, who was his teammate in college at Georgia Tech, let's hope things go a bit smoother than they did for Johnny Manziel last week.
- On ESPN, Pro Football Focus ranked Johnson as the No. 4 most overpaid player in the NFL. On the flip side, Rashean Mathis came in at No. 5 and DeAndre Levy came in at No. 8 on the list of the most underpaid players in the league.
- Given that he got the biggest signing bonus of all of the Detroit Lions' 2015 undrafted free agents, safety Isaiah Johnson has received a lot of attention as a potential sleeper for the 53-man roster. As it turns out, though, the Lions' other undrafted safety, Brian Suite, was the one turning some heads during the team's minicamp last week.
- The Detroit Free Press has an in-depth look at first-round pick Laken Tomlinson's contract.
- It looks like the Lions offered C.J. Mosley a deal after all:
Also, CJ Mosley's deal with the Dolphins was an MSB deal. $80k signing bonus was the only guarantee. Same as #Lions offered— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) June 16, 2015
- Running back Daniel Thomas, who worked out for the Lions earlier this month, signed with the Chicago Bears last week.
Lions notes: Calvin Johnson, Brian Suite, more
Lions notes looks at Calvin Johnson, Brian Suite and much more.
By Sean Yuille