- Darryl Tapp thinks Larry Webster and Devin Taylor have a "lot of promise" at defensive end for the Detroit Lions. Specifically, he thinks Webster could step up and occupy the role that George Johnson held last season, and just generally speaking, he thinks Webster and Taylor represent "the future" at defensive end.
- On a related note, the Detroit Free Press looked at six Lions players who could be this year's George Johnson (i.e. six players with the potential for a breakout season on defense).
- The Lions have some pretty high-profile quarterbacks on their schedule this year, especially early in the season.
- We've heard plenty about the Lions' nickel defense, but the Detroit Free Press thinks we might see some dime personnel packages from them this season.
- NFL.com's Marc Sessler ranked all 32 backfields in the league, and the Lions came in at No. 24.
- In a ranking on ESPN of the best No. 3 wide receivers in the league for fantasy football, the Lions' Corey Fuller came in all the way down at 31st on the list.
- The sport of American football will not be in the 2020 Olympics.
Lions notes looks at Larry Webster, Devin Taylor and much more.