Ameer Abdullah's ridiculous touchdown against McNeese State from last season is one of the nominees for the Best Play award at the 2015 ESPYS.
- Speaking of Abdullah, his main goal for his rookie season is to "just contribute." In fact, he's even willing to "be the best scout player in the country" if that's what it takes to contribute. That's definitely the right attitude, but I'm sure the Detroit Lions have bigger plans than that for Abdullah in 2015.
- Case in point: Detroit likes to utilize its running backs in multiple ways on offense.
No team leaned more heavily on RB in the pass game in '14 than the @Lions, 28.3% of all targeted passes went to RB's pic.twitter.com/mwzOIiXhYI— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) June 29, 2015
Taylor Mays' deal with the Lions is for one season. Here are the salary details:
Details of Taylor Mays #Lions contract. One year. No guaranteed money. No signing bonus. Cap charge of $585,000— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) June 26, 2015
- Mark this down on your calendars: Lions training camp officially opens on Aug. 3.
- Ever wanted to learn more about the NFL salary cap? Buffalo Rumblings has you covered.
- How serious is the possibility of at least one team moving to Los Angeles in the next year or two? The NFL is now exploring venues in the Los Angeles area that could temporarily serve as a team's home stadium while a new facility is built.
Lions notes: Ameer Abdullah, Taylor Mays, more
Lions notes looks at Ameer Abdullah, Taylor Mays and much more.
By Sean Yuille