- The United States Women's National Team, which is fresh off of winning the World Cup, will take on Australia at Ford Field in a friendly on Sept. 17. Given that the Detroit Lions are on the road the first two weeks of the season and don't play at Ford Field until Sept. 27, there will be plenty of time to convert from football to soccer and back again.
- Thanks to Snapchat, we have an idea of which Lions players are in Atlanta to catch passes from Matthew Stafford.
Here you go @davebirkett. Making your life easier one snapchat at a time pic.twitter.com/JGS7n0Ov8j— PG Jd Wenzel (@Jd_Wenzel) July 21, 2015
Ebron, Ross, Fauria, Fuller among those at #Lions summer throwing session this week https://t.co/xev8UQIrBM— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) July 21, 2015
- For fans of ugly sweaters, I have some bad news: the Lions' Calvin Johnson ugly sweater is sold out.
This is, amazingly, sold out. http://t.co/zmACYjceOp pic.twitter.com/hz4bUoIkTR— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) July 21, 2015
Seattle Seahawks offensive tackle Russell Okung is planning to be his own agent when he becomes a free agent in 2016. If this strategy actually works, I wonder if more players will go the independent route in the future.
- The Minnesota Vikings and running back Adrian Peterson agreed to a restructured contract on Tuesday. Here are the details:
Peterson’s new deal includes guaranteed 2015 salary, some injury guarantees for 2016. Reduction in ’16 base he can make up with incentives— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 21, 2015
Adrian Peterson’s redone deal pays him $44M over 3 years-$20M in guarantees. If he’s on the roster in 2016, he’ll have made $26M in 2 years— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 21, 2015
- The NFL is a money factory, to say the least.
The NFL is making more money than it ever has under Roger Goodell, and only getting bigger http://t.co/arWIW4giSr pic.twitter.com/sAybgE4dcW— SB Nation NFL (@SBNationNFL) July 21, 2015
Lions notes: USWNT coming to Ford Field
Lions notes looks at a soccer game involving the World Cup champions at Ford Field, an update on Matthew Stafford's passing workouts and much more.
By Sean Yuille