After losing to the Dallas Cowboys in the playoffs back on Jan. 4, the Detroit Lions' offseason began. It was an especially odd feeling going into the 2015 offseason, as there was a sense of anger more than anything. In the past, disappointment was usually the prevailing feeling going into the offseason, but given what happened in that game against the Cowboys, there was a lot of anger over how the Lions' season came to a close.
Fast forward to now and we're just one week away from the start of Lions training camp, which will essentially mark the end of the offseason. The Lions' rookies report for training camp on Tuesday, and the veterans have to be in town by Sunday in advance of the team's first practice on Aug. 3. That practice will be open to season-ticket holders, with the first practice open to the general public coming later in the week. Here's the full open practice schedule:
- Monday, Aug. 3 - 3:30 p.m. (Allen Park) *Open only to season-ticket holders*
- Tuesday, Aug. 4 - 3:30 p.m. (Allen Park) *Open only to season-ticket holders*
- Wednesday, Aug. 5 - 7:30 p.m. (Novi High School) *Ticket required*
- Thursday, Aug. 6 - 2 p.m. (Allen Park) *Wristband required*
- Friday, Aug. 7 - 3:30 p.m. (Allen Park)
- Saturday, Aug. 8 - 9:30 a.m. (Allen Park)
- Monday, Aug. 10 - 8:30 a.m. (Allen Park)
- Tuesday, Aug. 11 - 2 p.m. (Allen Park)
- Saturday, Aug. 15 - 3:30 p.m. (Allen Park)
- Tuesday, Aug. 18 - 2 p.m. (Allen Park)
The offseason has flown by for me personally, but I'm sure the Lions can't wait to get back on the field for the unofficial start of the 2015 season given how things ended in the playoffs back in January.