As we found out earlier in the week, the Detroit Lions' veterans are set to report for training camp on Aug. 2. Rookies will report on July 28 in advance of the team's first practice.
Speaking of that first practice, the Lions confirmed on Wednesday that it will be held on Aug. 3. The Lions also announced their entire open practice schedule for training camp. Take a look:
- Monday, Aug. 3 - 3:30 p.m. (Allen Park) *Open only to season-ticket holders*
- Tuesday, Aug. 4 - 3:30 p.m. (Allen Park) *Open only to season-ticket holders*
- Wednesday, Aug. 5 - 7:30 p.m. (Novi High School) *Ticket required*
- Thursday, Aug. 6 - 2 p.m. (Allen Park) *Wristband required*
- Friday, Aug. 7 - 3:30 p.m. (Allen Park)
- Saturday, Aug. 8 - 9:30 a.m. (Allen Park)
- Monday, Aug. 10 - 8:30 a.m. (Allen Park)
- Tuesday, Aug. 11 - 2 p.m. (Allen Park)
- Saturday, Aug. 15 - 3:30 p.m. (Allen Park)
- Tuesday, Aug. 18 - 2 p.m. (Allen Park)
The first two practices of training camp will only be open to those who have season tickets, club seats or a suite with the Lions, and it will be necessary to pre-register to attend those sessions. Then, for the next two practices, you will need a ticket to attend the night session at Novi High School and a wristband to get in when camp returns to Allen Park a day later. For more information on how to obtain those things, go here.