- After taking a day off, the Detroit Lions resumed training camp on Monday with a morning practice in Allen Park.
- Rookie fullback Michael Burton made some positive impressions on Monday:
Burton is the real deal when it comes to blocking. Stonewalling every LB they throw at him.— Alex Reno (@alex_reno) August 10, 2015
Burton stops both Levy and Tulloch in blitz pickup drill. That's very impressive. Levy got the rook on a second snap.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) August 10, 2015
Burton with a beautiful diving grab. Stop hating the pick.— Alex Reno (@alex_reno) August 10, 2015
Kyle Van Noy has seemingly put together a couple of good practices in a row.
Kyle Van Noy with a PD covering Eric Ebron on a wheel route. Nice play.— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) August 10, 2015
Kyle Van Noy with his third pass breakup in two practices, this one vs Ebron. Really responding well to criticism about his pass coverage— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) August 10, 2015
Caraun Reid is in excellent shape.
Caught up with Caraun Reid after practice. Said he's lost 3% body fat since last yr, currently weighs 10 pounds lighter than 2014 playing wt— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) August 10, 2015
- This could be something to keep an eye on when the Lions open the preseason later this week:
Orlovsky and TJ Jones have built some chemistry. Almost every pass going his way.— Alex Reno (@alex_reno) August 10, 2015
- The Lions continued mixing things up on the offensive line by going with a look that featured rookie Laken Tomlinson at left guard and Manny Ramirez at center.
- Former Lions defensive tackle Doug English was in the house on Monday, and he spoke with the D-line.
- Per Josh Katzenstein, The MMQB and Pro Football Focus were also at Monday's practice.
Lions training camp: Notes from Monday's practice
In this edition of Detroit Lions training camp notes: Michael Burton, Kyle Van Noy, TJ Jones and much more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.