- One day after returning to practice, Joseph Fauria was back on the sideline on Tuesday, and Ryan Broyles missed his second straight day. Broyles is still expecting to play on Thursday, but missing back-to-back practices certainly isn't a good sign.
- I wonder if this is a preview of what the rotation will look like on Thursday:
Lions kick returners today: Ameer Abdullah, TJ Jones and Quandre Diggs. Jeremy Ross is working with the coverage unit.— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) August 11, 2015
Michael Williams again took first-team reps at right tackle, which is probably another indication that he's got the edge for the final spot at offensive tackle over Corey Robinson.
Eric Ebron broke his vow of silence with the media on Tuesday:
Ebron stopped & talked to media today, said rookie year was a learning experience not a disappointment. Looking forward to showing real him— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 11, 2015
Eric Ebron said he played hurt all last season— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) August 11, 2015
- Why did David Ausberry end up on injured reserve after missing practice recently? Adam Caplan reports that Ausberry suffered a broken finger. (Given the injury, I would imagine that the Lions will release Ausberry from IR at some point soon.)
- Lions vice chairman Bill Ford Jr. was in the house at Tuesday's practice, according to Kyle Meinke.
- Former Lions running back Kevin Jones was also in attendance.
- It appears the Lions are on "Team Drake."
Lions playing "Back to Back" at practice. #TeamDrake— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) August 11, 2015
- Per Dave Birkett, the Lions are going bowling on Tuesday night to take a brief break from training camp.