- Ryan Broyles is wisely planning for life after football by living on a $60,000 budget and using the rest of his NFL paycheck on investments and retirement savings.
- Detroit Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin recently said that his unit "can’t even tackle" and "can’t even touch" Ameer Abdullah. Austin also said trying to bring down Abdullah is "like grasping at air."
- Barry Sanders views Abdullah as a "big-play player."
- Michael Williams has really impressed Lions offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi so far during training camp.
- Just days after DeAndre Levy signed an extension with the Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers outside linebacker Lavonte David got a long-term deal of his own.
The 5-year extension for Lavonte David and #Bucs is worth $50.25M, per agents Ron Butler & Tony Fleming. $25.56M guaranteed. Huge.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 9, 2015
- Here's how Darius Slay recently described Matthew Stafford's arm strength:
Darius Slay on Matthew Stafford's arm strength: "I don’t understand how he still has a rotator cuff, because he throws the thing."— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) August 8, 2015
- This is a pretty remarkable stat:
- The Lions put together a 10-minute behind-the-scenes video to recap the first week of training camp.
- Also at the Lions' official site is a photo gallery of the new MGM Grand Detroit Tunnel Club at Ford Field.
- Random tidbit I recently discovered: The roster of the CFL's Montreal Alouettes currently features former Lions Stefan Logan, Anthony Boone and Corvey Irvin, as well as notable players like Michael Sam, Dan LeFevour, B.J. Cunningham and Kyler Elsworth.
- Rex Ryan definitely has a sense of humor.
- The 2016 NFL Draft is officially going to be held in Chicago.
- Love you, Internet.
Lions notes looks at Ryan Broyles, Ameer Abdullah and much more.