- Here's a rundown of who started for the Detroit Lions on Thursday night:
Manny Ramirez at left guard, Cornelius Lucas at right tackle, Corey Fuller at wide receiver, Theo Riddick at running back and two tight ends instead of a fullback. On defense, it's worth noting that Darryl Tapp started at defensive end and Josh Wilson started at cornerback.
- It sounds like Darren Keyton suffered a season-ending type of knee injury on Thursday night:
Jim Caldwell said he thinks Darren Keyton's knee injury is "pretty significant" and "he'll be out for a while." #Lions— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) August 14, 2015
- On a positive note, Calvin Johnson and Rashean Mathis were in fact given the night off, so there are no injuries to report with either of them.
- The Lions sent out Matthew Stafford, Stephen Tulloch and Don Muhlbach for the coin toss, according to Paula Pasche.
- The official attendance for Thursday's game was 53,395.
- I really hope this nickname catches on:
.@Nate13Burleson just dubbed Golden Tate the "SOFA" (steal of free agency).— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) August 14, 2015
- The Lions are really, really good at winning preseason games:
- I have to say, I'm not really a fan of how this looks:
- I know they want to get rid of the jerseys, but who is going to actually buy these things?
- Finally, your quote of the night:
Larry Warford on the first-team offense: "That shit was sweet." Succinct.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) August 14, 2015
Lions notes: More on Thursday's preseason opener
Lions notes looks at various tidbits from Thursday's preseason game against the New York Jets.
By Sean Yuille