- The Detroit Lions held a pretty uneventful practice (if you can even call it that) on Friday, which wasn't a huge surprise considering they had a game on Thursday night. Actually, it looks like practicing one-handed catches was the only notable thing that happened. On Saturday, however, the Lions got training camp rolling again with an afternoon practice in Allen Park. It was "family day," so quite a few fans were in attendance.
- After Saturday's practice, Jim Caldwell confirmed that offensive lineman Darren Keyton is out for the season. Keyton injured his patellar tendon on his first and only play on Thursday against the New York Jets and had to be carted to the locker room.
- With Keyton out, the Lions will likely fill his spot on the roster with another offensive lineman once he's waived/injured.
Lions working out offensive linemen right now, obviously to replace Darren Keyton— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 15, 2015
- On a positive injury note, Joseph Fauria practiced after missing Thursday's game, and Alex Carter is seemingly getting closer to making his training-camp debut:
CB Alex Carter is working on his back pedaling. Good sign for him.— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) August 15, 2015
- The Lions announced two number changes prior to Saturday's practice:
Zach Zenner had to change his # from 34 to 41. He & Ness were both 34 & can't have 2 guys on field together (special teams) with same #.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) August 15, 2015
Kevin Snyder now wearing No. 51. He was No. 46. #Lions— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) August 15, 2015
Nate Ness took icing the kicker to a literal level following Saturday's session:
Nate Ness came up with a new way to try to ice a kicker. pic.twitter.com/2iGAfNQKDp— Detroit Lions (@Lions) August 15, 2015
- That's one way to cool down on a hot day:
- Several former players attended Saturday's practice:
Kyle Vanden Bosch, Cory Schlesinger, Luther Bradley and Rich Strenger among the @Lions alumni taking in training camp today.— Eamonn Reynolds (@Eamonn_Reynolds) August 15, 2015
In this edition of Detroit Lions training camp notes: an update on Darren Keyton's injury, two number changes and much more.