- Prior to training camp, the Detroit Lions hosted offensive tackle Gosder Cherilus for a visit. Nothing came of that visit, though, and Cherilus signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday.
The #Bucs signed OL Gosder Cherilus to a 2-year deal worth $7M, source said. $2.5M this year, $4.5M next year.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 17, 2015
- There will be some familiar faces in the crowd on Thursday night for Laken Tomlinson when the Lions take on the Washington Redskins.
Duke's football team is attending Thursday's Detroit-Washington friendly. Lions drafted Laken Tomlinson, Washington took WR Jamison Crowder.— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) August 17, 2015
Rashean Mathis appreciated getting a night off last week when he sat out the Lions' preseason opener. Mathis turns 35 later this month, so keeping him fresh for the regular season is definitely the way to go.
Darryl Tapp was briefly absent from the Lions between the final cuts and Week 1 of the regular season last year. He missed the team picture as a result, and that kept him motivated throughout this past offseason.
- Linebacker Brandon Copeland is well aware that his shot at making the 53-man roster will ultimately come down to how he performs on special teams.
Kyle Brindza has gone through quite a bit of adversity to make it to the NFL.
- The MMQB's Peter King came away very impressed with the Lions after recently visiting training camp in Allen Park.
- The latest edition of the Lions' "Inside the Den" video series is up.
- The Lions posted a photo gallery showing how the new MGM Grand Detroit Tunnel Club came together.
- Sure thing, Percy Harvin.
Percy Harvin says the immaturity of Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate was to blame for the problems in Seattle http://t.co/ufIzHSivvp— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) August 17, 2015
- The new extra-point rules did have an effect, albeit a minimal one, in Week 1 of the preseason.
NFL teams are 54-for-56 on PATs in preseason (0.96 points per attempt), 6-for-13 when going for two (0.92 points per attempt).— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 17, 2015
Lions notes: Gosder Cherilus signs with Buccaneers
Lions notes looks at Gosder Cherilus, Laken Tomlinson, Rashean Mathis and much more.
By Sean Yuille