- When Larry Warford got hurt on Thursday night, Taylor Boggs replaced him at right guard. That's a pretty good indication that Boggs is one of the top interior backups right now.
- The Detroit Lions sent Manny Ramirez, Darryl Tapp and Matt Prater out for the coin toss on Thursday night, according to Josh Katzenstein.
- The Lions gave Brandon Copeland a big opportunity to show what he can do on special teams.
So that's Brandon Copeland on two different first-team ST units. He's clearly getting a look early. George Winn on there, too. #Lions— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) August 20, 2015
- The Lions also gave Emil Igwenagu, Greg Salas and Quandre Diggs a chance to show what they can do with the first team at fullback, wide receiver and nickel cornerback, respectively.
Igwenegu for the start at fullback for the Lions, not Michael Burton— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 20, 2015
Greg Salas getting some early work with the first-team offense. #DETvsWAS— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) August 20, 2015
Quandre Diggs getting the first nickel look tonight.— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) August 20, 2015
Laken Tomlinson had some former Duke teammates in attendance for Thursday night's game.
- Poor Robert Griffin III.
RG3 dropped back to pass 8 times. He was hit on six of those plays, had another pass batted down. Mathematician: ONE clean pass play.— Jerry Brewer (@JerryBrewer) August 21, 2015
- But seriously, this is unfortunate news:
According to #Redskins coach Jay Gruden, RGIII has a concussion and going through the protocol. His shoulder is OK.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 21, 2015
Lions notes looks at various tidbits from Thursday's preseason game against the Washington Redskins.