Hello. I hope you're doing well. Before we get to the practice notes, I need to make an announcement: I'm not Sean. I'm sure you will tell me I am Sean, or perhaps that I am Jeremy. I am neither of these individuals. I'm sorry if I have disrupted your life with that revelation. It's not very nice of me to have misled you like that, but it's also not nice of me to continue the charade because I would be lying to you even more and lying is bad. If you want to keep calling me Sean or Jeremy, that's okay. I can't blame you, but I just thought you should know. For now, let's get to the important news from the Lions Sunday practice.
- LaAdrian Waddle, Jason Jones, and Alex Carter were all back at practice, although they did not perform in team drills. Waddle and Jones were just recently reactivated off the PUP list. Rookie Alex Carter has not participated in many of the Lions practices before Sunday, as he has been dealing with an ankle sprain.
- A number of Lions were absent from practice Sunday: Isa Abdul-Quddus, Ziggy Ansah, Crezdon Butler, Lance Moore, Kyle Van Noy, Caraun Reid, Kevin Snyder, and Larry Warford.
- Jermelle Cudjo got reps with the first team defense, and Travis Lewis saw reps ahead of Tahir Whitehead.
- On the offensive line, Cornelius Lucas and Travis Swanson saw time with the first team in place of Waddle (limited) and Warford (injured).
- Jim Calwdell helped to shed some light on Kyle Van Noy's notable absence from practice. He claimed that Kyle has been dealing with an injury for a week now. It is now being reported that Van Noy is due for further medical testing. Caldwell also said that the injury is not the sports hernia that plagued Van Noy last year.
- Ziggy Ansah may also be nursing an injury, but outlook is positive.
- Bad news on the Haloti Ngata front. Although earlier reports were that the defensive tackle would be ready for Week 1 of the regular season, Jim Caldwell expressed skepticism that this may still be the case. It may be a sign that Ngata's outlook may not be as hopeful as previously believed.
- In conclusion:
LaAdrian Waddle off PUP and back on the practice field. https://t.co/cNhLkmISr5— Detroit Lions (@Lions) August 23, 2015
Wrap-up of today's Lions practice. Good news: Jason Jones, Alex Carter and LA Waddle did individual drills. Bad news: Everything else.— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) August 23, 2015