Practice makes everything perfect. I think I could say that about writing these practice notes. I'm practicing writing about practice. But I'm also putting that practice into practice. Actually, let's just get to the notes. Here's what happened Monday for the Detroit Lions.
- Seven Lions missed Monday's practice: Eric Ebron, Kevin Snyder, Kyle Van Noy, Joique Bell, Haloti Ngata, Caraun Reid, Larry Warford, and Ezekiel Ansah.
- This is now the second practice in a row that Ansah has missed. However, there's no word as to his status in regards to this matter. Also, it should be noted that he, Ebron, and Van Noy all worked with trainers on the side.
- Chris Owens also appeared to be limited in practice.
- On a similar note, Caraun Reid was limited and spotted hobbling around in a walking boot on his left leg. It's speculated that he may be done for the rest of the preseason.
- Alex Carter returned to practice on Sunday and was present again on Monday. He told media that he is still suffering from his ankle injury, but he described it as "sore, but expected."
- Returning to practice Monday was Lance Moore, who had been absent since the birth of his new daughter on Aug. 19. He was available to the media and spoke for a while on the circumstances surrounding the birth of his child.
- Isa Abdul-Quddus also made his return on Monday.
- The Lions depth chart was updated: Jason Jones and LaAdrian Waddle have returned to their respective first teams and viewers may see Jones play on Friday against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Finally, although not strictly a practice note, Jordan Thompson has officially been placed on the injured reserve list.
UPDATE: The reason for Kevin Snyder sitting out has been answered. Snyder was waived/injured by the Lions late on Monday.